About the Authors
Corinne Wohl, MHSA, COE is a practice management consultant, executive coach and president of C. Wohl & Associated, Inc.
She earned her Masters of Health Services Administration degree at The George Washington University and has 35 years of hospital administration and physician practice management experience.
Corinne's passion is to work in a trusting relationship with surgeons and administrators to help advance their life's work and achieve their personal best. She is best known for bringing her detailed business and clinic operations experience to bear on practices of all sizes, while simultaneously helping clients see the longer-term, big picture of where they are taking their enterprises.
Corinne specializes in ophthalmic leadership effectiveness, practice operations enhancement, financial benchmarking and analysis, management team development and executive coaching for managers and physician leaders. She enjoys working with a diverse range of clients, from solo practitioners to large institutions.
A featured keynote speaker and program facilitator during her long career in eye care, Corinne is a frequent contributor to Ophthalmology Management, Ocular Surgery News, EyeWorld, Administrative Eyecare, and Cataract & Refractive Surgery Today. She has been an active member of the American Society of Ophthalmic Administrators, including serving as Administrative Eyecare Magazine's Editorial Board chair and as a member of the National Board for the Certification of Ophthalmic Executives. She holds an ASOA-sponsored certificate from the Yale School of Management.
John B. Pinto is the most-published author in America on ophthalmology practice management topics. He founded J. Pinto & Associates, Inc. in 1979. Since then, he has provided strategic planning, operations, and marketing advice to pharmaceutical companies, basic science centers, hospitals, multi-specialty clinics, and single-specialty facilities.
For 40 years, a majority of the firm's work has served ophthalmic practices ranging from small solo practices to high-volume market leaders, teaching centers and ophthalmic product companies. He has been active as a practice consultant in North America and Europe and has worked and lectured in South America and the Far East.
Pinto is best known as a strategic planning and economic advisor to practices large and small. In addition to covering most dimensions of modern practice operations management, he is a career advisor, providing individual coaching and contract negotiation services to new graduates and mid-career employed ophthalmologists. His professional life today is rounded out with succession planning, practice valuations, partner dispute mediation, merger/acquisition counsel and leadership development for administration and physicians.
A prolific writer, Pinto is the author or co-author of several books, including:
- UP: Taking Ophthalmic Administrators and Their Management Teams to the Next Level of Skill, Performance and Career Satisfaction, with Corinne Wohl
- John Pinto's Little Green Book of Ophthalmology, Fifth Edition
- Simple: The Inner Game of Ophthalmic Practice Success
- Turnaround: Twenty-One Weeks to Ophthalmic Practice Survival and Permanent Improvement
- Ten Eyecare Practices: Benchmarks for Success
- Cash Flow: The Practical Art of Earning More from Your Ophthalmology Practice, with Anne Rose
- The Efficient Ophthalmologist
- Legal Issues in Ophthalmology: A review for Surgeons and Administrators, with Alan Reider and Allison Shuren
- The Women of Ophthalmology, with Elizabeth Davis, MD
- Ophthalmic Leadership: A Practical Guide for Physicians, Administrators and Teams
- Marketing Your Ophthalmic Practice
Pinto is a member of the editorial boards of Ocular Surgery News, Ophthalmology Management and Premier Surgeon, and a regular contributor to other eye care publications.